Re: Idle quality with VP7 cam - stock exhaust

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Idle quality with VP7 cam - stock exhaust
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:57:21 -0700
on 9/13/00 11:52 AM, Daniel1312@aol.com at Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> Why have you got a stock exhaust?

For three reasons:

1) a complete Maniflow system from APT is $$$, especially if I had it jet
hot coated.

2) I love the trumpet-like sound of all the exhaust having to squeeze
through the thin pipe and muffler (I hate the low sound of big bore rice boy
exhausts).  But I am looking forward to hearing Phil's car with his Maniflow
system even though he got the 2 muffler setup.

3)  I get a kick out of having my engine compartment look 100% stock.

After I dial in this setup, I will probably get an LCB header at one point,
maybe with an RC40 muffler (would like to hear it on someone's car first).

--
http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9