blown clutch

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: blown clutch
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:30:26 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
POOP!!  I got into the bugeye after lunch, tried to shift into reverse and
the clutch made nasty grindy crunchy noises.

Now I'm back at work, sweaty from the bike ride and hoping I have time
tonight to pop the motor out and see what's up.  Bet a nickel its the used
throwout bearing I got from the 5-speed donor car.  I figured to keep costs
down, and that it would last until this winter when I plan a major
maintenance.  Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!  With a little luck it
will be back together by Saturday evening so I can drive it to the last MM
swap meet Sunday.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye