Re: Gatling Gun

To: Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.greatxscape.net>
Subject: Re: Gatling Gun
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:51:31 -0400
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Guy Weller wrote:
>   I suspect it might be the adjustment on the over-centre
> mechanism on the pump itself, but don't know how to set it up right.

You can adjust the diaphram pressure on an SU by turning the center
post.
I have done it before and some times I get it right, others I do not.
I never looked in the book to see just what the adjustment is but to
loose and it never stops ticking.
Also the points may need cleaning, these too play a part in the ticking
and pressure. Again, just messing with old dead fuel pumps and getting
them working is the only truths in this reply.
Hey if it don't work, I can't break it. And if messing around with it
makes it work again, I won.
I do know that the similar to SU fuel pumps that the cheapo repro
sellers sold a couple years back are crap. I had one fail, it was new in
a box with a car I bought so I used it. They plastic diaphram lasted
about 3000 miles and the pump started ticking longer and pumping less
fuel, much less like in change it on the side of the PA turn pike in the
pouring rain.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ