Re: Gatling Gun

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.greatxscape.net>, <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gatling Gun
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:32:24 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
From Guy Weller <guy at weller-lakes.greatxscape.net>
To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>; <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 17 September 2000 20:40

> Daniel,
> I don't think it is either of those things.
> The tank is full - well 3/4 full at least.
> Pump goes on ticking away for far longer than it would take to refill
> the delivery pipes; for 20 minutes or more, and there are no fuel
> leaks.  I suspect it might be the adjustment on the over-centre
> mechanism on the pump itself, but don't know how to set it up right.
>
> Guy

Could be that there is no juice in the line between the tank and the
 sitting at a level above the tank ) pump.  If the pump can only suck at the
10 inches of air in the line below it, it hasn't got enough to pull on to
enable it to start pulling fuel.  Run the pump and then stick your mouth
over the filler neck and blow.  This might pressurise the tank enough to
force a stream of fuel up the 10 inches of pipework to the pump, thus
allowing it to start drawing a solid mass of fuel.

Worth a try?