Re: Midget License Plate Lights

To: "\'Spridgets List\'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget License Plate Lights
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:37:05 -0400
My trick.  I cut a 3/4" wide by 4" long strip out of an old rag.  Wrap said
strip around the glass part of the bulb and hold the excess between two fingers
(thumb and pointer for me).  This is a setup where the cloth is only wrapped
around the back and your fingers are holding the cloth tight to the bulb in the
front (so the cloth makes one complete circle only around the bulb).  You now
have a handle made of cloth.  Just reach in and position the bulb between the
two contacts, first feeding one side, then pushing that side further back until
the other side clears the contact clips.  I used dielectric grease to aid in
this process.

Mike