Re: FWD vs. RWD

To: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>
Subject: Re: FWD vs. RWD
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:41:17 -0400
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"John C. Gottstein" wrote:

> Can someone please explain to me the pros and cons of Front Wheel Drive and
> Rear Wheel Drive?  I still really have no idea.  Just really curious.

Front wheel drive is for people who can't drive on ice or snow or know
how to regain control in a skid.
I learned how to drive with rear wheel drive. I hate front wheel drive.
I like being pushed not pulled. I feel like I have more control but then
it's pretty hard to swing the ass end out on a FWD car.
I have owned a Mini, A Taurus, and a VW, all FWD, I would avoid driving
those cars no matter what. A lot of old timers don't like the FWD, maybe
it's because you can't teach old dogs new tricks.
Both my kids are driving FWD cars, they like it better then RWD.
I guess it's an age thing or what you grew up with.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ