Re: Traffic cops Re: What you can do

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Traffic cops Re: What you can do
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:21:51 EDT
Cc: tboicey@brit.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/23/2000 8:15:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

<<  I stepped into it on that one!  I don't like that video surveillance
 business.  It smacks of "1984" to me.  I don't lke big brother
 watching.  >>

Well if you don't like that, sing the praises, along with me, of the American
Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), who filed suit against the Government to put
the skids on the 3rd version of computer analizers.  This version has the
capability of transmitting engine information to a satellite as you drive, so
that the government could just mail you a ticket when the system senses that
your emissions are out of whack, or that you are exceeding the speed limit.
I am told the auto manufacturers have the systems ready to go.  WE will have
to learn ways to disable the transmitter if that ever comes to pass.  Of
course I have no intention of ever buying a new car again, but I think that
is waaaaay too much big brother.

--David C.