Re: Traffic cops Re: What you can do

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Traffic cops Re: What you can do
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 09:31:28 -0700
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, tboicey@brit.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Welcome to 198Fouregon. Those traffic cameras are all over the Portland
Metro area. In Eugene, there are "traffic cameras" installed at
intersections to "help the traffic flow" by adjusting the lights to change
according to the number of vehicles travelling in a certain direction.
Before the year 2001 is over, we will have GPS units on alll our buses, that
will tell the company exactly where we are and how fast we are going. That
would be lovely if we were being hijacked by an armed subject, but our main
problem is going through an intersection that we
pass 6 - 7 times a day, and thinking "Oops - I should have gone that way".
In the event of an actual hijacking, we probably have enough firepower among
our passengers to outfit the police department of a small town. In my
opinion, this country is heading toward another Revolution. Maybe it's my
Irish heritage speaking, but I am getting awfully tired of the government
interfering in my personal life.
BTW, since I started the firestorm about 1275 vs 1500, I would buy an RB
Midget long before I would ever bring home another rice burner. I had one
once. It was very fast, handled reasonably well, was dependable, and had all
the personality of a rock.
Kate