HS6 Carbs - bargain price

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: HS6 Carbs - bargain price
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:13:46 EDT
Hi list,

I have just found someone who has a stock of brand new HS6 carbs at the
bargain price of £25 (twenty five pounds sterling).  I bet all you yankees
can't get them secondhand for that kind of money in teh ewe ess of aye!

The HS6 carb is an inch and three quarter and is THE SU carb performance swap
on the A-series engine (unless you want a HIF6/HIF44).  I got mine today
(just to play with since I plan on sticking with the 45 DCOE) and it is brand
spanking new.  Sure enough the box has a military part number so the
retailer's claims are true about it being an ex'govt surplus carb (he has
lots more).  This carb can be used with an MG Metro inlet manifold (£10-15
s/h if you can find one here in the UK) and does fit without bonnet mods
despite what you might have read elsewhere (I have a photo to prove it).  The
titan manifold stocked by APT (aptfast.com) might be a better bet if you are
in the USA - and lets face it, most of the list is.  If anyone wants details
e-mail me but if I get more than 3-4 e-mails I will post to the list.

If you have a single, puny inch and a quarter Stromberg on a 1500 Midget (I
feel sorry for you) you might be interested in Merryman Modifications to a
single HS6 carb conversion using your existing manifold.

The carb is left hand float chamber (not that it will matter) AUD524.

Daniel1312