Re: Mix n' match

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Mix n' match
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:24:19 -0400
Cc: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Be aware that the thrust washers are problem on the EN40B to thick flange
block.  They can be made to fit, but are likely not going to fit to begin
with.  APT has the correct ones, I know.

Main caps are numbered and should only be used in the block with the same
numbers.  They are stamped in at MFG. time.  Not cast numbers.

Paul A

FROM:   Frank Clarici, INTERNET:spritenut at Exit109.com
TO:     Gerard Chateauvieux, INTERNET:pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
CC:     Spridgets, INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
DATE:   10/2/00 7:57 PM

Re:     Re: Mix n' match

Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:

> Well, I finally got around to taking my crank from my 12CC engine (that
I'm
> fairly certain is an EN40B) and a thick flange block to the machine shop
> today. I thought since these guys do the local BMC dealers work, they
would
> know these engines fairly well... but they don't. I hear they do really
> good work though.
>
> Does anyone know if there is anything that potentially can be a problem
> putting this crank in a later block? I also noticed that the casting
> numbers are different on the main caps. Should I use the matching block
> main caps or the ones that match the crank?

I would use the caps that match the block. The crank is separated via
the bearings.
I have an EN40B crank in a later block, I just dropped it in.
Do use the block caps and rod caps. Do not mix these up between the 2
engines.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ