Re: Paying attention [NO LBC]

To: mmilkevitch@yahoo.com, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paying attention [NO LBC]
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:36:58 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/00 11:25:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mmilkevitch@yahoo.com writes:

<<  Water is indeed dihydrogen monoxide, even though it
 is never referred as such in chemistry.  In addition,
 I have never seen it referred to as such in the
 scientific literature. I have never heard water
 referred to as hydrogen hydroxide...a new one on me, I
 must admit. >>

It's probably one of those urban myths I heard a long time ago.  Water could
be indicated as H2O or HOH, (which would be hydrogen hydroxide).  Same number
of atoms, just probably some junior high school kid's mind at work.

Thanks Matt.  You sound like you know what you are talking about.
Just keep it out of my Scotch!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget