Re: Petrol specs

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, rirwin@iusb.edu
Subject: Re: Petrol specs
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 01:10:38 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Maybe someone out there can help me on this, but wasn't there a change in
the octane rating system some time ago so that todays 90/92 is really very
close to the old 97??  Also several years ago I had a MINI with comp ratio
of 10.2 to 1 for the street and when unable to get good gas I added 104+
octane booster.  Rather expensive to use everyday but really worked and the
engine temp would drop about 5 degrees.  FWIW  BOB