Re: Gremlin's, I got him.

To: dewood@sentex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gremlin's, I got him.
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 08:10:44 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/2000 10:46:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dewood@sentex.net writes:

<< Yup, well it was a Spirit.  It's close to a gremlin.  It still had all
 phillips screws holding the trim on.  Great car >>

While we are talking American Motors (AMC), they really produced great
automobiles.  I didn't much care for the Gremlin or the Pacer, but AMC's
production in the '60's was very dependable and attractive automobiles.  I
bought one of the first Javelins ever produced (traded my 1966 Austin Healey
3000 which I had purchased new for it), and it was, without question, the
best American automobile I have ever driven.  It had all the perks,
beautiful, zippy car--343, positraction, 4 onthe floor, gold with black
stripe and vinyl top, 8-track, and lay down seats).  I traded the Javelin a
couple of years later for the newly produced AMX which I really liked, but
not as much as the Javelin.  My parents owned a couple of AMC Rebels which
were great family cars.  We had very little mechanical trouble with any of
those automobiles.  Great cars, AMC!

---David C.