Re: Tool choice

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tool choice
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:34:43 -0400
Cc: ccrobins@ktc.com, JustBrits@aol.com, bmantz@infi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
A lot if this boils down to what you do with your tools.
I would expect a professional mechanic to have better
quality and a better selection of tools then me.  Of
course I may have better (and more) computers than
lots of guys on the list.  I bet Frank C. has better
carpentry tools then me. My wood working tools are a
cheap craftsman jig saw, a cheap circular saw,
a 10" Delta chop saw and a couple of hammers and
tape measures.

Someone who loves cooking will most likely have better
pots and ovens than me.  A friend of mine really likes
to cook.  In his kitchen he as a 6 burner stove with
a large oven.  The stove also has a large grill.  Oh
yeah, he has another electric oven in the wall.  He
feels that is better for baking.  He also has a top
notch mixer (I have a sunbeam), a hand mixer, assorted
food processors and a bunch of other crap.

I don't buy/use enough tools for the Snap-On dealer
to consider me a customer.  My craftsman and IR
tools seem to work fine.  Face it I don't give them
enough of a workout to warrant a top notch tool.
But I also don't want a bottom of the line tool
from off shores.  I need and can justify mostly
middle of the road tools.

IF my money was infinite I would have the best of everything.
But it is not so I, and most other people, have to make
cost/quality trade-offs on most of the things in our
lives.  We will generally buy the best we can for things
we love or need, but most of the time it is a trade off.
My 8 cents.

Gilroy