Re: DIY wiring harness

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DIY wiring harness
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:57:02 -0700 (PDT)
My my, someone is having a bad day.

No, the bulbs are not soldered inot the sockets, just the connections that
used to be bullets.
If you were preparing the car for any serious tour or race, this would seem
to be a trivial
and easily accomplished task that insures electrical reliability.  It is
also easily undone
if I could think of the first reason why I would want to.

Bullets are a cheap way to mass produce car electrical connections.  That
does not make them
GOOD electrical connections.  I'm not gonna get into a P***ing war, just
drive mile after trouble
free mile and laugh all the way.

>In a message dated 10/16/2000 3:15:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
>grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:
>
>Sorry, Glen, I am on a roll from a PISSED off day, BUT you are NUTS.
>
><< All connections at the lights are soldered >>
>
>Are you actually telling us that EACH wire is soldered to the seal beam
>bulb???
>No plug to back??  You ARE kidding, right???  PLEASE.
>
><<( this will be a minor inconvenience when I need to paint the car or change
>the rubber  gasket, >>
>
>And six little bullits are a prob??  Get a life or change cars.  KISS
>
><<but it means absolutely no light failures >>

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye