Re: Valve seals

To: "Bill Mantz" <bmantz@infi.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve seals
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:56:57 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
12G1306 stamped onto the front of the head, near the water outlet?  Does it
have two spare holes at the front and back of the casting?  Are the inlet
valves 1.4 inch(35.6mm)?

Austin 1300GT.

Same size valves as the new MG Metro and uses 1 size smaller exhaust than
the Cooper S.  Nice head!

Oh yes......Inlets only.  Vacuum in the
inlet ports would suck excessive amounts down the inlet guide without the
seals.  Could be flawed logic but I am certain that it is inlets only on
untouched original cars from the factory.