Re: Jensen Healey

To: busyrider@springmail.com, pauld@ekpc.com
Subject: Re: Jensen Healey
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:55:57 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/26/00 4:43:06 PM, busyrider@springmail.com writes:

<<If you really want to impress your boss, talk him out of it!

The engine shares parts with Lotus engines of that era. Jensen was the
sucker, er proving ground for Lotus before they dared put this powerplant in
one of their own cars.>>

Paul,

The only thing Fred left out is they're rotboxes if exposed to salted roads.
They have a following and aren't hugely expensive.  Saw a 20,000 mile GT
(sort of like a Volvo
P1800ES station wagon like thing) on EBay a few months ago for around $6,000.
 The engine is a big buck rebuild and some parts are difficult to find.
There is one specialized source, Delta Motorsports in Scottsdale, AZ that
advertises in Road and Track.  I wouldn't dare touch one unless I had a
Jensen expert look it over first.  If your manager buys it anyway, I've got a
friend with a parts car (the rust starts at the rocker panels and ends when
the fiberglass hardtop begins) that he'd love to get rid of!

Rick