Re: Foward tilting non-bugeye bonnet.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Foward tilting non-bugeye bonnet.
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:17:56 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
My own '72 uses a front hinged 1500 shape bonnet with lots of bonnet pins,
catches and dowels.  Untidy and slightly rattly.  2 bolts and a caravan
electrical plug allows the entire front to be removed to the garage to give
access.  Worked perfectly when it has the twin-cam engine (frequent engine
pulls).  John Farell in Hampshire has a hand crafted GRP bonnet with
innerwings and rad surround moulded in.  He builds GRP boat hulls for a
living and the louvered front end is a work of art.  He has a (Metro) Turbo
motor.  When working on the engine he can sit on the front tyre as the
cantilever hinges allow the bonnet to rise to the vertical.
Very nice.