Re: Top stretching

To: "Charles Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Top stretching
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 06:23:42 -0800
Charles,
You must pull harder! Seriously, this is a problem for LBCs, but it
seems that you are doing the right things, be patient and keep
pulling, you'll get them on. When you do , store the car , for the
Winter, with the top up and this will help keep the top from
shrinking. When I install a new top on the 67 on cars I only use the
'67-'68 top that requires the extra stud, as the later ones w/velcro
fasteners shrink to much and then will not stay hooked at the sides.

Brad