Re: another dumb newbie question

To: ultrawildcat@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another dumb newbie question
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:19:37 EST
In a message dated 11/5/00 9:59:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ultrawildcat@hotmail.com writes:

<< alright kids,are we all ready for another dumb newbie question?here it
 goes..how do i know if i have a square as opposed round rear wheel well?i
 need to buy some patch panels for the rear fenders on the 77 midget,and the
 catalogs refer to square arch being available while the round aren't..well i
 dont know what the h*** mine are.any ideas?thanks.. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The '77 Midget is a square wheel arch car.  The rear wheel openings are flat
at the top.  On round wheel arch cars the rear wheel openings look like your
front wheel openings, and are round at the top.

If you have the option of converting to RWA, do it.  You can't get much wider
tires if you keep the SWA openings.  If competition is in your future, you
will need to have RWA or flared fenders.

(BTW, it took me a while to figure that one out before I bought my Midget.
The list only referred to them as SWA and RWA.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport