Re: dash mounted turn signal indicator

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: dash mounted turn signal indicator
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:54:55 FILETIME=[930D2C80:01C0537F]
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Okay, I rewired the flasher:
Green-----B(actually X)
LtGreen---L
Grn/Brown-P
this resulted in the dash light staying on always (not even blinking with
signals) and signals coming on with switch, but not blinking.  According to
the book (haynes):
Green-----B
Grn/Brown-L
LtGreen---P
which is how (I think) I had it before.  And, being the good do-it-yourself
mechanic I ever so carefully wrote down absolutely nothing before I started
disconnecting wires.  Could it perhaps be the way they are connected to the
flasher switch on the dash?  Now that I think about it, I remember that mine
doesn't have any markings on the back to indicate which wire is supposed to
be the hot wire and which ones go to left and right signals.  I trialed and
errored it (about a year ago when I bought the new harness from Moss) until
I had it working, or so I thought.  This was the point when the prince of
darkness himself began to manifest himself in light gray wisps.  I had to
take the car to the infamous resto shop to fix the wiring.  I guess it could
be possible that they got some wires discombobulated. As I ain't no
E-lecktricle injunear, anything beyond "hook green wire to connector A"
requires me considerable thought, followed by much stalling, followed by
just hooking the d@mn thing up and praying for no smoke. In an attempt to
mend my ways, I bought a new multi-tester and actually read the little
pamphlet that came with it. Thanks,
Ryan