Re: a poll

To: "Tom and Sharon Shirley" <tshirley@vol.com>, "scott putnam" <ultrawildcat@hotmail.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: a poll
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:33:46 -0000
From Tom and Sharon Shirley <tshirley at vol.com>
To: scott putnam <ultrawildcat@hotmail.com>; <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 19 November 2000 14:26

> > now,my question is,what does everybody think? is the 1275 a better
block?

> Some may disagree, but for me, there's no question. Dump the 1500 and get
> Rivergate 1275 and 5 speed.
>
> Tom and Sharon Shirley
> http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/

IMHO.  Dump the 1500 engine and gearbox bellhousing and fit a Marina/Ital
engine.  Uses the original 1500 gearbox/propshaft etc and gives you an
improved 1275 engine.  You'd need 2 sets of engine mounts (1500 chassis is
lower on the engine mounts so a little cutting/shutting will be needed, a
front plate to mount the rubber joints on from a Minor/Spridget, an Ital
engine/bellhousing/slave cylinder and finally a coulpe of changes to the
wiring loom to put the correct side.  After that, you are down to things
like heater ducting and the routing of the exhuast etc.
BTDT.  Works well.  All bolt-on mods but the shipping of a UK Ital would be
over $150.  Marina 1300s were (?) once sold in the states.