Guess what I will be doing tomorrow?

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
Subject: Guess what I will be doing tomorrow?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:11:45 -0000
Driving back from town I noticed the sound of the metal against metal at the
front of the car.  Thought it was the pulley on the dynamo coming loose, as
the belt was flapping about.  Not my day though because a closer look
revealed the crank pulley was loose and must have become oval, since I could
wobble it by hand once the engine was stopped.

Now, my question is.....Will a cast iron pulley wear quicker/before a
crankshaft?  Can I expect a scrapped crank or just a pulley?  I think this
has been going on for some time as I have noticed a leak from the front of
the timing cover, not something I would have expected with the new type
cover and gasket.  The pulley was a fairly new one from a scrap Metro, so is
easily replaced, but the crank will be another matter.  I have a spare, but
it is still in another engine being built in England.  Could the thread be
stripped from the nose of the crank?

Should I give up and buy a Nissan?  I REEEEEALY AM feeling that pissed off.

Rob