Merryman was Re: single SU

To: wmgilroy@avaya.com, jboatri@emory.edu
Subject: Merryman was Re: single SU
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:35:46 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id eATJaMe16449
Hi Gilroy,

The Merryman conversion from single ZS (1.5") to single 1.75" HS6 is to be
commended.  I did tell Jack of a source in the UK that has BRAND NEW HS6
carbs for #25.  Ok with shipping it puts the price up a bit but this a brand
new carb.  If Jack never bought any and you decide to go with it, I can give
the suppliers details.

I think Jack Merryman could make the conversion work with a HIF6/HIF44 carb
but guess this would work out more expensive.  Put a decent ram pipe and K&N
filter on the carb with the correct needle and I doubt that you will be
disappointed with the HS6 given your car's engine is stock.

Peter S looks to have given the almost definitive answer on carbs but I would
like to add:

H8 & HS8 = 2" (for the single carb super/turbo motor??)

HIF38 = metric HIF4

HIF7 = did they make any or is this just a number in a book?

Daniel1312

In a message dated 28/11/00 14:43:04 Pacific Standard Time,