HS2 Carbs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: HS2 Carbs
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 14:27:16 -0800
Hi guys,

I have a pait of HS-2s that I would like to try on Puddles when I get
her back on the road.  Yep, that's right I'm pulling the Weber to see if
I can get any better low end.  Frankly, I'm a little concern about
putting the 5-speed ina car that won't rev below 3500 RPM.  That means
on the freeway I'll be doning about 70 just to maintain R's.  Cops don't
seem to like this much.  Unless someone has some extra R's in a can for
me.  I'm hoping the SU's will aid in my low RPM performance.

My question is what should I check on the old carbs?  The throttle shaft
are tight, dampers click, and they look fair.  Is there any orings or
gaskets I need to replace before I install them?

Rick