Re: HS2 Carbs

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: HS2 Carbs
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:46:48 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> > See also Trevor's web site for pix. (mine is a little cleaner looking (sorry
> > Trevor!)).

  Heheheh, that doesn't surprise me. I had just finished hacking
and slashing and welding for the overdrive, so I was not in the
mood to be dainty. The main thing that makes mine ugly
is the black paint to cover the "fix", when the rest of
the metal around is red.

  If I had more time I would have painted it proper red and
it would have looked a lot better, but I belong to the fraternity
of "under the hood is not for looking at" so I don't care a
whole lot.

> > I would suggest that you DON'T EVEN TRY to fit MGA carbs into the Midget

  I wholeheartedly agree.

  Basically, just buy a set of carbs from the UK, it's all
there. Use the internet, it's simple, and remember the carbs
are not especially valuable there so prices are reasonable.

  When I wanted one, I made a few calls and ended up finding
a junkyard that had five sets. I bought them all, used one,
sold two to listers, one on ebay, and kept one set as a spare.

  This isn't the 1700s, England is only a phone call or
an email away!

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca