Re: Wheel question

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, wadleigh@syix.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel question
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:18:39 EST
In a message dated 12/7/2000 3:34:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Daniel1312@aol.com writes:

<< I can honestly say that of all my concerns at driving a 69 Spridget at
high speeds, the spoked wheels aren't one of them. >>

I agree, Daniel.  By safety problems, I was talking about the propensity of
the wires to work themselves loose.  And then there is the problem of tuning
them--very difficult to find anyone around, especially close who even knows
what that means.   I bought a brand new 1966 Big Healey with wires--loved
that car, especially the wires.  But within two years I could not have my
tires balanced because of the play in the spokes and in my small town no one
knew how to tune them.  But I did drive that car like I stole it.  8^)

--David C.