Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Midget and twin HS2 carb setup
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 18:54:39 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Does the 1300 Triumph Spitfire twin HS2 carb manifold bolt right up to the
> 1500 Midget head?  If so, is it also possible to open up this 1300 manifold
> to match the port sizes (I'm assuming the 1500 port sizes are bigger) of the
> 1500 head?
>
> Daniel1312

The TR 1300 and 1500 are identicle. They took the 1296 cc engine, kept
the same bore but dished the pistons to lower the compression/raise the
cc output. The blocks are identicle too except for loosing the cam
bearings on the 1500.
And the twin 1.25 SU setup from a 1296 Spitfire bolts on and makes a big
improvement to a 1500.
I had a 1500 S*itfire back in 73. Yeah, I know, but I soon went back to
Sprites after 5 engines, 3 trannys, and 9 differentails on the Spitfire.
I did manage to put 30,000 miles on it in 3 years.
I wouldn't (and I have been offered) take a s*itfire if it was free.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ