Rear spring restoration

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear spring restoration
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:57:08 -0800
More on the restoration of my rear springs, now that they are out of the
car. I'm planning to take the springs apart, remove all the rust and crud
with a wire wheel, grind smooth any gouges or other bad spots, paint, then
reassemble. Anyone have any thoughts about using Teflon or some other
plastic material between the leaves? The idea would be to reduce friction
between the leaves. I would probably have to omit one leaf to make up for
the added thickness of the plastic material.

Comments?

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)