Re: Diff fluid, et al.

To: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@home.com>
Subject: Re: Diff fluid, et al.
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:30:50 -0500
Cc: spridgets team <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Steven,

I just bought a cheapo 1/2" breaker bar and ground it down a little with my
grinder.  Works fine, and keeps an inexperienced thief from stealing your
differential fluid.

Mike (Hey,   I live in Brooklyn fer Christ's sake)

Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@home.com> wrote:
>       I can't find any of my literature (just moved) and I can't recall if
>the diff
requires other than normal fluid. I've got good ol' 80W-90 Castrol and that was
going to have gone in it, had the fill plug not been star-torqued on! Is there a
tool that fits this roughly 1/2" square plug?
        The spooky thing which began this little charade, I found the left rear
wheel
in a puddle of oil last week. I ventured off to the parts store today and bought
an axle seal and took the wheel off. I found the 4 nuts that hold the drum on
and the screw which holds the axle shaft in to be loose. The seal hadn't failed,
the oil was coming out through the hub! I've never pulled the axles out, and
it's been a year since I replaced the rear wheel cylinders so I can't imagine
how these got to be loose. I can't see how the seal would hold for a year, a two
hour drive here, and a week of tooling around here.
--
~
'90 GS-500E: Saki.