Re: Diff fluid, et al.

Subject: Re: Diff fluid, et al.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:41:44 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
curt.onstott@orst.edu wrote:

> Gaskets?
>
> I use bags, cereal boxes, porno magazines, etc.  Place raw material over the
> part you are making the gasket for and wack it with a rubber mallet to cut it
> shape (or make an impression of the mating surface of the part.)  After the
> gastket is the correct shape, I spray it with some cheap laquer paint which
> soaks in and helps keep it from distintigrating.  I only use these when I
>can't
> get hold of a ready-made gasket.
>
> BTW- This probably won't work as a head gasket<g>

        I think I'm going to go this route, though the magazines are in short
supply
since the cable modem arrived.... Oops, was that out loud?!? The O-ring is in
very good shape, but the condition of the paper gasket had me very worried. I
suppose the DPO or DPPO (or DPPPPPO?) reused the gasket, it looked like rice
paper.
        I want to thank everyone for their advice and guidance. I'm glad this
seems to
have awoken the list, it had gotten a bit slow for a while.

--
~
'90 GS-500E: Saki.