RE: replacement body shells and Sebring Sprite on ebay

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: replacement body shells and Sebring Sprite on ebay
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:40:00 -0500
Wheeler and Davies in the UK are reproducing bodyshells for the Mk1 Sprite
(bugeye). I spoke to Archers garage last month, as they are an authorized
distributor of the shells. A complete shell with doors and bonnet fitted and
basically ready for paint would be 4800 pounds. In US dollars figure $7,500.
Add at least $1,000 to crate and ship.

I was aware that British Motor Heritage were reproducing Midget bodyshells,
but I thought they were for the later 1275 versions up to the introduction
of rubber bumper and not the Midget Mk1/Sprite Mk2 versions. Of course,
differences are minor.

NOTE: I saw the tail end of an thread on the "Sebring Sprite on eBay". I was
the one who started this thread. What happened in between? Sorry I missed it
but was the car sold, or declared a fraud, or what?

Thanks,

Daniel (not 1312)