Re: Air compressor

To: "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air compressor
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 02:18:30 -0000
Cc: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, <morris@autox.team.net>
i have a sears compressor here with a bad motor that i had ordered and
waited for 4 months with no delivery!  devilbiss unit as well.
i contacted devilbiss and they told me they are under contract to only sell
parts for that model to sears , and they would/could not sell me any parts
and that all parts "must" come from sears.
so i went to ct farm and country and purchased a big mother upright
devilbiss unit on a close out sale for megga cheap!  it was missing the
paperwork and the drain petcock was missing.  so i chewed them down another
75.00 off their sale price.  by the time i was done i ended up with a
compressor twice the size i originally had and (and had wanted for a few
years, but held back since the old sears model was still taking my abuse)
around the purchase price of my original one from over 15 years ago!
now going to go to granger and get a motor to fix old compressor and turn it
into a racing portable compressor for the *future* new trailer.
there is nothing wrong with a devilbiss unit!  but the agreement with sears
issomething devilbiss would not budge on.  i even asked them if there was a
comprable model they sold publically to whom ever to get the motor from and
i was told no.  man those sears lawyers must be impressive to have their
vendors protect their interests like that!
now it is my understanding that coleman owns devilbiss.   that is what i was
told by ct farm and country.  they were selling out all devilbiss units
(dark gray painted) and replacing with identical units (painted an
industrial red).   as far as the relay/regulator goes, that should be
available from granger or any other compressor manufacturer. of course you
might have to do a bit of constructive plumbing!

chuck.