the day after! no lbc

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: the day after! no lbc
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 17:16:18 -0000
son(now 5)  had the kind of christmas that would make a great "i got
evrything and more" movie!  our home was invaded by hot wheels!!!   he is
just thrilled with evrything.  it makes me feel great to see him so happy!

me?....a new coat, some hallmark cool train ornaments, a gift certificate, a
"cool" phillips bread maker, and some good old american green cash!  my
father gave me the best gift i got all season though!  he had found a slide
of him in his old saab 93b (late 50's model) race car gridded at marlboro
race track just before a race in 1965 started.  it is in color and shows his
car off well along with some of the rest of the field.  he had it converted
to a photograph and blown up to an 8X10 and had it framed and matted , it is
wonderfully done.   there is very little left of my father's racing past
with exception of a large collection of (real) silver trophys and assorted
dash plaques from the 50's through the late 60's.  a few posters, a hand
full of photos and a couple of programs.  that is all that is left of his
racing indian motorcycles before ww2, nascar after the war up to 1954 and
sports car racing up to the end of the 1968 season(i own the last car he
raced and it is restored back to the way he raced , and constructed it in
1967).  not much from such a long racing career is still remaining
physically, but the stories he tells, and my childhood memories are still
very clear.
i look back and think"those were the days" and the more i look back, the
more i believe those days were the best days of my life!  when my father was
racing.

so with that reminicant stuff said, i hope santa was good to al of you!  and
there were not too many tummy aches after the holiday feasts!  goody-goody!
new years day dinner is yet to come!
and then a week of soup and sandwiches and leftovers!  lol!!!!

bw well all!
chuck.