Rally 2001 Info

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rally 2001 Info
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 23:39:37 -0500
Hey everyone,

It has been brought to my attention that there are a lot of new people
on the list.  For their benefit I have put together some general
information from last years rally, (see below).

Kevin V.

The following is a composit of past Rally Information emails for those
people who asked for Rally information.

The Rally is open to anyone with a british car that wants to come.

There will be no fees or charges of any kind.

You may attend the Saturday rally AND/OR the festivities on Sunday.

To participate in a rally, a driver and a navigator are required.

Rally Location; Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, 35 miles north of Allentown PA on
route 309, (for those of you who want to look at a map).

Several list members have asked about participation in the rally with
other than their British cars.  Some of our list members cars are
currently not ready for road use for various reasons.  I would like to
see as many people from the list participate as possible, with or
without their cars.

There are a couple of options;

1. Navigate for someone who is coming with their car but does not have a
navigator.

2. Run the Rally with a non British vehicle.

Lister's Non British cars are welcome to run the rally route.  However,
several rules will apply to these participants that do not apply to the
British entries.  In short, they will be running the rally "just for
the  sport of it" and although they will be timed with the other
entrants they are not eligible to win.  They will also be required to
"give right of way" allowing passage to any and all British Car
Participants.....

The rally course is over 100 miles of Pennsylvania country roads, fill
your gas tank the morning of the rally.  There is a gas station at the
rally start point.