Re: Rally 2001 Info

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rally 2001 Info
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:18:19 -0500
Cc: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Man was this rally a a blast. I have not really participated in a lot of
rallys but this one was fun. As Frank stated, very enjoyable, very beautiful
scenery and very good folks. I am sure Kevin will update us as to time and
date, but until that is finalized keep an eye out for this one. Any one in
the PA area should plan on this most enjoyable rally.

On the other hand since I am going to win maybe you should just come for the
scenery.

Larry

PS this is a reply to a note on the Spridget list that I have CC'ed to the
MG list, because of common interest. I also included the notes below for the
benefit of the MG list so please pardon my bandwidth.

On 12/28/00 11:39 PM, "Valentine" <valntine@ptd.net> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> It has been brought to my attention that there are a lot of new people
> on the list.  For their benefit I have put together some general
> information from last years rally, (see below).
>
> Kevin V.
>

> The following is a composit of past Rally Information emails for those
> people who asked for Rally information.
>
> The Rally is open to anyone with a british car that wants to come.
>
> There will be no fees or charges of any kind.
>
> You may attend the Saturday rally AND/OR the festivities on Sunday.
>
> To participate in a rally, a driver and a navigator are required.
>
> Rally Location; Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, 35 miles north of Allentown PA on
> route 309, (for those of you who want to look at a map).
>
> Several list members have asked about participation in the rally with
> other than their British cars.  Some of our list members cars are
> currently not ready for road use for various reasons.  I would like to
> see as many people from the list participate as possible, with or
> without their cars.
>
> There are a couple of options;
>
> 1. Navigate for someone who is coming with their car but does not have a
> navigator.
>
> 2. Run the Rally with a non British vehicle.
>
> Lister's Non British cars are welcome to run the rally route.  However,
> several rules will apply to these participants that do not apply to the
> British entries.  In short, they will be running the rally "just for
> the  sport of it" and although they will be timed with the other
> entrants they are not eligible to win.  They will also be required to
> "give right of way" allowing passage to any and all British Car
> Participants.....
>
> The rally course is over 100 miles of Pennsylvania country roads, fill
> your gas tank the morning of the rally.  There is a gas station at the
> rally start point.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.