Re: Safety Check

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Safety Check
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 20:49:08 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank Clarici wrote:

> Maybe this problem is unique to 67 Sprites, I doubt it.

My 74 had the same problem. Fortunately, I found the problem at low
speed, but the saftey latch didn't do much good. The bonnet came up to
full open and locked position at about 30 MPH.... The road just
dissappeared.

A good cleaning and a little grease and it works like new...... I still
pull up and wiggle the bonnet EVERY time I close it to make sure it is
latched. (I lost a windshield and the hood off my 79 E150 van at 65 MPH
several years ago the same way.....saftey latch didn't help one bit)

Kevin V.