Re: First start

To: Bill Mantz <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First start
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 22:34:34 -0800
Bill,

This sounds like the distributor drive gear is off a bit. With the No. 1
piston at TDC on it's compression stroke, and the groove in the cranl
pulley at the longest pointer. The slot in the drive gear should be in the
2:00- 8:00 O'clock position with the large offset on top. I had this same
problem with an engine someone else put together. I corrected the problem
by rotating the spark wires one position. You can also check this by seeing
where the rotor is in relation to the wire that goes to the number one
spark plug. Maybe you only have the wires set up incorrectly.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A