Re: Car for Sale in Penn.

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Car for Sale in Penn.
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:29:55 -0000
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
the biggest snag is a pennsylvania car without a title!  low serial number
becomes useless when a pennsylvania car gets re-titled.   the state assign a
new serial number plate to it and requires the old one gets surrendered or
destroyed.  so by the state's rules a historically significant car can not
have a new title issued unless the last owner applies for a replacement
title and then transfers it to the new owner after it arrives .  this is a
real hassle, in pennsylvania.  i went through this to title a very early
1955 chevrolet that is slated for restoration.  it wasa very long hassle
involving police being present to take a tracing of the serial number and
almost towing it away as a "stolen car".  it was from a junk yard outside of
philly. and has a 1972 inspection sticker on it.  and after over 20 years of
being out of inspection, unknown last owner, and no title i finally posess a
title.

but this midget is near worthless without a donor car for identification
number and title purposes.  wich we all know cannot legally be

ah yes the legality of it all     lol!
chuck.
and yup frank if it has all the spares with it 200.00, ok!  but i do not
need any more smooth case gear boxes!  i have enough complete gear boxes and
spare "good" gears to go into the early spridget gear box business
here............lol!(seriously i do!)    :)