Re: A little help, please

To: William M Walters <billwalters2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: A little help, please
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:54:43 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
William M Walters wrote:

> In the process of changing suspensions from a '73 Midget to a '59 Bugeye
> we have a couple of things we've come to not understand.
>  1.   We need to hone the cylinders on the front brake calipers.  The
> repair books say not to break the halves apart, but we can't hone them
> together.  Is there something we don't know about with this job?

You will have to break the calipers apart. Just be sure to put in a new
seal between the halves. This seal does NOT come in the kit. Order it
separate.

>  2.   We want to put the gears and axles from the '73 rear end in the > '59
>casing.  Will this work?

Yes, the diff bolts right in. You either end up with 2 filler plugs or
no filler plugs depending on which diff you have. If you end up with no
filler plug, just fill the rear from the axle tube with the correct
amount of oil (see book for amount)

>  3.  We want to try putting tube shocks on the rear.  Is there an easy
> way to fabricate the necessary brackets?

You would have to look at a bracket to copy it. It's not tough if you
can cut, grind, and drill metal.

Frank