Re: Ignition Timing

To: guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Timing
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:49:33 EST
A distributor 'curve' is actually more like 2 lines a bit like this:
                                      __
                                     /

Full distributor advance is all in by between 3,000 to 3,500 approx.

Despite all the multitudes & variables involved in distributor curves you
have to consider that when Aldon Automotive only stock 3 different
distributors (by advance curve) for the A-Series engine then you can see
nothing is too critical.  Obviously it is beneficial to spend some and money
on a rolling road (Strangely enough Aldon's rolling road operators don't seem
to hot at present so I won't recommend them) to get the distributor dialled
in properly and if necessary (may not be) have the distributor advance curve
further modified.

Why not contact Peter Burgess (he has web site and e-mail advertised on the
MG BBS) and book the car in for a rolling road tune.  His workshop is in
Derby so not a million miles from your part of UP North.  I doubt very much
if you will ever regret spending the money on the rolling road and if I was a
betting man would wager you the price of the time on the road.

You know it makes sense.

Daniel

In a message dated 03/01/01 16:48:26 Pacific Standard Time,