Re: LBC conversion

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC conversion
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:58:48 -0500
Good stuff! I saw the Junkyard Wars episode where they did this. I would
love to get on that show. A new set of wars started on The Learning Channel
last night, and these seem to be filmed in the US - only the UK lady host
from the previous show was on it - everyone else were Americans. Great
episode last night, by the way. The teams had to build hot rods, then they
took them out to a drag strip for a 1/8 mile run. Very different approaches
too. One team went with lots of power (and greater weight) with some kind of
small block, trans, and rear out of an Olds, VW Bug front end, and homemade
frame. Other team had a motorbike engine/trans, golf cart axle and wheels,
and everything else homemade. In this case, power/weight won out over cubic
inches, but only by 0.004 sec!

Some of us ought to put together an LBC team - I think our experiences
should make us well qualified! ;-) Just go to http://www.junkyard-wars.com/
and follow the "apply" link to find out how! (Honestly, I'm only half
kidding! Would be a blast!)

Eddie
1971 Midget