Was This LBC Day?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Was This LBC Day?
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 16:37:41 -0800
Did I inadvertently miss International Drive Your Classic Car to Work
Day? I have not seen so many nice examples of vintage cars in one day
since I last attended the ABFM.
I was first awakened during my second trip of the day, when an
absolutely pristine, white TR6 pulled up next to me at a red light.
Later that same trip, I passed a very nice CB MGB. Two trips later, a
black TD, and a RB MGB. My last run of the day took me past another very
nice TR6, and a Metro that appeared to need little more than cosmetics.
Interspersed with the LBCs, were a myriad of Mopars, a gaggle of GMs,
and a flock of Fords. Specifically, a 1950 Ford 2 door sedan and an
early 40s pickup of some American manufacture. Also 2 very nice Willys,
one pickup & one wagon, an Opel Manta, and what is probably the world's
only running Borgward. Definitely an interesting day on the streets of
Eugene!
Kate