Re: Was This LBC Day?

Subject: Re: Was This LBC Day?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 01:50:22 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
kate & gary wrote:

> Did I inadvertently miss International Drive Your Classic Car to Work
> Day? I have not seen so many nice examples of vintage cars in one day
> since I last attended the ABFM.
> I was first awakened during my second trip of the day, when an
> absolutely pristine, white TR6 pulled up next to me at a red light.
> Later that same trip, I passed a very nice CB MGB. Two trips later, a
> black TD, and a RB MGB. My last run of the day took me past another very
> nice TR6, and a Metro that appeared to need little more than cosmetics.
> Interspersed with the LBCs, were a myriad of Mopars, a gaggle of GMs,
> and a flock of Fords. Specifically, a 1950 Ford 2 door sedan and an
> early 40s pickup of some American manufacture. Also 2 very nice Willys,
> one pickup & one wagon, an Opel Manta, and what is probably the world's
> only running Borgward. Definitely an interesting day on the streets of
> Eugene!
> Kate

        I didn't see any other BCs today, L or otherwise, but I did drive my
LBC at
work. If anyone tells you your car isn't practical, tell him that you know
someone who delivers pizza in one (top down, natch :).
        Speaking of putting the top down, in case anyone needs more reason to
not buy
form V*ck* Br*t, the quarter window SNAPPED in half when I was putting the top
down on my car Tuesday. It was high 40s or low 50s, so I understand it wasn't as
pliable as it would be in 90: summer heat, but I don't get snapping in half.

--
~
'87 RX-7 TII: Recipient. In ICU awaiting vital organs.