Re: [nLBCc] Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion

Subject: Re: [nLBCc] Junkyard Wars was: Re: LBC conversion
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 11:30:37 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
HealeyRic2@aol.com wrote:

> In my best Andy Rooney voice:
>
>                Didja ever notice:
>                2.  there's always the perfect piece of junk available
> somewhere
>                           in the junkyard to complete the design. (c'mon,
> whose
>                           junkyard has airplane wings in it?)

        They do "seed" the yard for certain items (the boilers had to have
current
safety inspection, etc.) but the stuff is still hidden in piles of junk and the
designs are off the top of their heads. They have no idea what they're building
until they're told at the start of the show. Certainly there are compromises
made in the interest of making it fit on TV and be worth watching in the opinion
of those who control the flow of the green paper lubricant, but I still think
it's the best TV not on Speedvision! :)
--
~
'87 RX-7 TII: Recipient. In ICU awaiting vital organs.