Re: bugeye tilt front end

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bugeye tilt front end
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:15:51 -0800
David,

If you had a Bugeye, your sore back and the lumps on your head would change
your mind about the advantages of a front end tilt bonnet...'-) Get under a
rear hinged Bugeye bonnet next time you have a chance.

BTW, the other advantage is that the steel bonnets have a major amount of
their weight at the front. This causes a lot of stress at the apex of the
wheel arch and is partly responsible for the metal fatigues there. One
bonnet I have also failed at the brace between the headlights. Once these
fractures occur the bonnet gets very sloppy. You'll notice many Bugeyes
have a very wide gap at the A-post too. It took a lot of work to get the
correct gap back on mine, but it will be front hinged with gas struts and a
locking mechanism at the firewall.

My vintage race Bugeye has a fiberglass bonnet and hood pins just above the
rockers.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -