Re: Head Porting

To: kturk@ala.net, jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head Porting
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:29:56 EST
In a message dated 1/11/01 8:33:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

> Keith Turk ( and NO I dont' have a clue... but I have done a couple of LBC
> heads this way and I know I have improved performance a Bit... and haven't

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Keith is being way to modest here.  I'm sure he has gone faster than any
other person on this list.  (At least, he has in a car, on the ground.)

I was watching Hot Rod TV (on Speedvision, I think) and they did a 2 minute
demo of porting.  I knew that it was much more involved  than they showed,
and some dumb kid is going to rip the heads off his '79 Dodge pickup truck
next Saturday and start grinding away.  When he puts it back together he'll
wonder why it runs so rough.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget