Re: Head Porting

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head Porting
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:37:02 -0600
Mach 1.3 don't look like much up in the wild blue....

We were trading F 16 Trainer rides for rides in the Cobra back then....
also traded a ride in a T 37 and a T 38.... Army sure was alot more fun
back then...  To take someone for a ride in the Apache you had to have a
Major General's permission.... and you had to be an SIP ...(standardization
instructor pilot )  which I was....

You should have seen those Air Force guys hanging out in the front seat..
from the Mirror you could see the Terror in their Eyes.... running around
10' off of the trees....at a 100kts.... Speed is truly relative...

Kinda like Bonneville... you really don't feel the speed.... Now Two
hundred miles an hour at Maxton because your on a Runway.... well it's VERY
fast to say the least.....

Keith