Re: clutch

To: Robert Sexson <rsexson@excite.com>
Subject: Re: clutch
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:07:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Robert Sexson wrote:

> The mateing devise [for like of a better name]that fites through the fingers
> of the pressure plate, that is the bearing surface for the throw out
> bearing, seems to be loose and will come apart [out of the pressure plate].

They are a loose fit and should wiggle around some.
Look inside the P/plate, there is a wire retaining ring, if this fell
out, replace the P/plate.
I had one brand new loose it's retaining ring after a hundred miles or
so. It was just a bum pressure plate and that's what I get for buying it
*new* at a swap meet.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ