Re: Handling ?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Handling ?
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:03:16 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Keith Turk wrote:

> Okay folks I gotta question.... I am working on my youngest son's steel
> bumpered Midget.... and the damn thing doesn't sit level.... ( I suspect
> it's a spring issue )
>
> okay moving past that when I am out on the road in it... the thing pitches
> and rolls when I get on and off the throttle...
>
> Anyone else had this problem or know how to correct it?

Keith

Look for a broken leaf spring (drivers side most likely)
I just went thru this, I even replaced the spring only to have my good
used spring break the very next day.
If it wants to steer when you let off the gas, it's the rear springs.
They could be loose or not seated on the mounts but if you have not
*messed* around in there, I'll bet it's broken.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ